In order to maintain a safe network for our users, we have a strict creator content policy. The policy is split into two categories:
- Content that is explicitly not allowed on YoFan
- Content that can be published, but is not eligible for the YoFan partner program
Content not allowed on YoFan
The following categories of content are explicitly not allowed on YoFan.
YoFan adopts the meaning of illegal content as defined by United Kingdom’s law, however if you have significant users from specific countries, we may additionally follow those restrictions should we receive a complaint. Examples of illegal content includes:
- Child sexual abuse material
- Hate speech
- Commercial scams
- Breaches of intellectual property rights
- Child grooming activities
- Harassment or cyberbullying
Additional restricted content categories
- Pornography, nudity and sexually explicit content
- Endangered or threatened species
- Dangerous or derogatory content
- Misrepresentative content
- Malicious or unwanted software
Content not eligible for the YoFan partner program
We believe in maintaining an open and free platform. However we also need to adhere to advertising brand safety requirements. As a result, profiles publishing the following categories of content are not eligible for the YoFan partner program:
- Sexual content Sexually suggestive content, or content that is about sexual entertainment, merchandise, advice or fetishes are allowed on YoFan. However this content cannot be monetized with ads.
- Shocking content Content that contains gruesome or graphic imagery, including accounts of shootings, explosions, etc. Content with significant amounts of profanity is also included here.
- Explosives Content that promotes the sale of explosive products, including fireworks. Or instructional content about explosive items.
- Guns, gun parts and related products Content that promotes the sale of firearms and related firearm parts, including recreational guns, airsoft guns, paintball guns, BB guns, ammunition, silencers, scopes, etc. Instructional content about firearms assembly or enhancements are additionally not eligible.
- Other weapons Content promoting products designed to harm or injure an opponent, including in self defence or combat sports.
- Tobacco Tobacco or tobacco related products, including rolling papers, e-cigarettes and tobacco pipes
- Recreational drugs Products that alter mental state for the purpose of recreation, or instructional content
- Alcohol sale or misuse Content facilitating or promoting online sales of alcohol or promoting irresponsible consumption are not eligible
- Online gambling Content that enables users to participate in online, real-money gambling or any internet-based game involving real money is not eligible
- Prescription drugs Content promoting the online sale of prescription medication
- Unapproved pharmaceuticals and supplements Content that promotes the sale of any unapproved pharmaceutical products and supplements